How to reach Darjeeling? Darjeeling mail and the Darjeeling toy train of Darjeeling Himalayan railways continue to be the best transportation available to reach this wonderful hinterland from any corner of the country. Train Tickets can be booked from the railway’s reservation site and from the ticket counters by paying a minimal cost.
Darjeeling is a small hill station situated in Lesser Himalayas. The small town of Darjeeling is capped with snow-peaked mountains, Darjeeling toy train, and beautiful tea gardens. There is no direct rail transport to reach Darjeeling from any major Indian state. However, one can avail the Darjeeling mail and Darjeeling toy train services running from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling and reach this beautiful hamlet. But it would be wise to opt for land transport to reach this wonderful destination due to the long-running time of the toy rides which can act as a time constraint for business travellers and adventurers. There is also another option of taking the aerial route to Bagdogra airport from major Indian states but in that case, travellers have no other option rather than to avail land transport to reach this beautiful town. Here is a list of superfast train services running from Howrah and Sealdah stations which acts as the cheapest and convenient means of communication to reach Darjeeling.
Darjeeling Mail: Darjeeling Mail is one of the fastest trains to reach New Jalpaiguri from Sealdah. The train departs at 10:05 PM and reaches New Jalpaiguri at approximately 8:05 am in the morning. The train runs as per schedule due to its importance and the status given by the Indian railways. Darjeeling mail is preferred heavily by travellers due to its departure and arrival time and the fact that it runs as per schedule. Darjeeling mail is a daily train available at service for travellers and daily passengers and is given heavy importance in this rail route.
- Padatik Express: Apart from Darjeeling mail, Padatik express is another superfast train running from Sealdah to New Aliporedwar and departs at approximately 11:20 am at night and reaches New Jalpaiguri station in the morning around 9:20 am and is heavily preferred by travelers. The train is preferred mostly by travelers due to its departure time that suits office goers and individuals who prefer to travel during the night.
- Shatabdi Express: Shatabdi Express is the fastest train in this route besides Darjeeling mail due to the number of halts at outbound stations and is opted mostly by travellers willing to complete the train journey during the afternoon time. It departs in the afternoon and reaches the destination at night.
- Howrah New Jalpaiguri AC Express: Howrah NJP AC Express is a weekly train departing from Howrah every Tuesday and is preferred by travelers due to the seating and sleeper coaches available which is missing in other trains. The train is completely air-conditioned and runs as per schedule.
- Saraighat Express: Saraighat Ghat Express is a superfast train available at service for travellers and runs between Howrah and Aliporedwar stations. The train departs in the afternoon at night and reaches the destination in the early morning. The train remains fully packed and crowded due to the long-distance factor and is opted and preferred by travelers willing to go beyond the new Jalpaiguri railway station.
- KOAA Dibrugarh Express: KOAA Dibrugarh Express is a weekly train running from Kolkata station till Dibrugarh town in Assam. The train is a long-distance transport available between the two states of West Bengal and Assam and holds importance due to its scheduled departure and arrival time and the fact that it runs on time.
DARJEELING MAIL AND DARJEELING TOY TRAIN FAQ
Why do travelers prefer Darjeeling mail?
Darjeeling mail is preferred by travelers due to the fact that it runs as per the schedule and during the night. This gives travelers the perfect reason to travel by Darjeeling mail and the fact that they can spend and sleep during the night without any trouble.
Why is Darjeeling toy train considered an effective means of transportation in the town?
Darjeeling toy train runs in the narrow gauge railway tracks and gives tourists the perfect journey that they have been looking for to enjoy the scenic beauty of the town by penetrating railway tracks.